Friday, September 16, 2016

...And whatever did happen with my phone and computer?

Bottom line: Computer = Still Broken. Phone = Discovered It Had Been Destroyed, So Had To Replace. There's a little more to it than that, if you care to look...


So, as I've written before, just when I was able to stand in front of my computer in late April, and finally got back to writing, my Toshiba laptop gave out. I'm still trying to order parts for it, am $250 down, and still don't have anything to show for it. I sent the malfunctioning motherboard back, and was never able to get a replacement or refund.
` I'm still borrowing this inferior non-Linux machine that is incompatible with my hard drive, and is not physically quite as large as I need for pain-related reasons, so I am making videos and comics and doing things I don't normally do in lieu of having a podcast to edit, go fig. It hurts too much to write for long periods of time on this computer, so I haven't been up to causing myself pain by doing that to myself, hence lack of blog posts.

As for the Samsung S6, which is a real phone with a removable battery, that I bought to replace the iPhone. The camera wasn't as good because it doesn't immediately take photos, but if it ever locked up or needed to be reset or have the battery replaced, I could do it in a few seconds. The iPhone, on the other hand, is like a car with the hood welded shut, so if it ever locks up you have to wait 7 hours before it runs out of juice before it can be reset. I couldn't wait to take this new phone to my next skeptic's conference, but it was never to be.
` In December, I actually had 21 tabs open on this phone, all articles about psychedelics that people had sent me over text messages, but that I had never looked at because I was in too much pain to make my eyes and the screen meet and stay there for more than 10 seconds at a time. I was going to write/record about the things in these articles, in the same way that other podcasters take a look at other science news.
` So, I was finally going to do it, I was going to read these articles, and I was drawing up a plan of how to read through all of them and keep track... and then, I couldn't because the screen was mysteriously destroyed!

All I know is, I was with a particular individual and I had an item for him in the same pocket as my phone. But I forgot about the item. We went to a movie together and at one point he sat on my coat, and I had to pull it out from under him, but I didn't check to make sure whether my phone was okay.
` Afterwards I was reluctant to let him give me a big bear hug because I was wearing this coat with high pockets, and I knew he would just mash that phone into the stuff in my pockets, but wasn't able to think long enough to say anything, it was just an automatic behavior.
` Now I finally remembered to give him the item, then afterward I looked at my phone and found the screen was cracked, like they were pressed together really hard.

He offered to fix it, and part of me said, "Good, because he probably is the one who broke it," but I didn't want to sound whiny, so I didn't tell him. In fact, I took this phone to a professional repair place, but they told me to buy a new phone instead of fix it. I couldn't find a new phone that had a removable battery, so took him up on his offer after all. He even gave me his old smartphone to use, although I couldn't do all the things on it as the other phone.

In May, just before the Northeast Conference for Science and Skepticism he eventually did swap out the screen that I bought, but left the plastic wrap on. When he first gave it back to me, the touch screen worked, and he said it was fine, it seemed to be. But later on, when I went to swap out the SIM card and get back to my open tabs, it didn't work at all, maybe because it had cooled and was no longer pliable.

So, determined that he should still pay for damaging my phone in the first place, even though I paid for the screen, I gave him the phone back to try again. After some time, he got fired from his job, and told me that he should have time to fix my phone now that he wasn't killing himself on night shift. So I kept bugging him about it for a couple months. And then he told me he was having technical difficulties.

I was picturing him and my phone and the little screwdrivers we let him borrow to fix it, and something not working right, so I kept asking what needed to happen. Finally, on the 12th, he tells me that when he was fired from his job, it was on lunch break, and he wasn't allowed to go back to his desk to get his things. My Samsung S6 was in his desk, but he didn't seem to remember that clearly at the time, and took him this long to figure it out.

So, he agreed to let me swap the phone he was letting me borrow for his S6, which is all scratched to hell, but another individual was able to find me a carrier with a better deal and a better phone, also with a removable battery, called the LG G5. Yes, it has an even bigger screen, and it's more powerful, so I finally have a chance to get back to my months-long near-absence on Facebook and Messenger.

I've got a working phone now, although it doesn't have my old stuff on it, I have no idea how much was lost with the old phone. Now what I need to deal with is the pain-sleep cycle, and getting ahead on cracking down on pain.

10 comments:

  1. Very well explained post why we are suffering from back pain. Long term solutions to cure the back pain is a great way for patient to feel free from the back pain. You are right, even if you are undergo a surgery, you still needs to relax for long lasting solutions for your back pain.
    posture band

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for the best writing service online but lost in the number of fake reviews and don’t know who to believe? We at ScamFighter publish only genuine reviews on all writing service from the web. Look at the last review on https://scamfighter.net/review/essaypro.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simple camera system for households basically can be removed and installed as an old system, however, it will take you a lot of time or when installing the camera watching online will be difficult. .

    If you remove the camera yourself, it may be missing the device such as the BNC Jack or the camera power connector because if the old system is used, it is difficult to use it again when removing it.
    Lắp đặt camera quan sát tại quận gò vấp

    ReplyDelete
  4. For old camera systems with damaged equipment that need to be replaced, the company will report directly to customers the actual situation, how to fix errors and quote new equipment replacement. For all camera systems we have removed or repaired, we have long-term warranty support for customers with very good support prices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have tough time writing an essay for your university courses, this website will help you. Write us and have some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recently my friend found dissertation chapter assistance. It helps us to have a source of information. We can get different kinds of information that we can't find. If we can't write a work, we buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The latest technologies require a new approach to information processing. To do this, I visit various sites such as https://essays-writers.com/ this one. We need the latest technology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't realize my life without a phone or a computer. Yes, at some point it seems like a bad habit, but no. Because thanks to electronic equipment to cope with things twice as fast. I do my job perfectly with https://primedissertations.com/write-my-marketing-plan/ and I can control the whole process. The works are not only impeccable but keep the leader's assessment from the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll not keep that masked any longer. Keto Advanced Fat Burner is far and away the best. You don't need to put anything into Keto Advanced Fat Burner more than once in this case. I can't say much more but you should know this I perhaps give this prodigious conclusion. Without considering this, there are tons of things that are important to that when it is linked to Keto Advanced Fat Burner. What for?



    Keto Advanced Fat Burner

    ReplyDelete



  10. I bought this herbal medicine from the herbal doctor [Robinson Buckler]. I took the herbal medicine for 2 weeks as instructed and i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes virus. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact this herbal doctor today on this Email:robinson.buckler@yahoo. com

    [Arthritis]
    [Diabetes]
    [Hypertension]
    [The Opioid Epidemic]
    [Stroke]
    [Obesity]
    [Infertility/Impotency]
    [Eye Problem]
    [Fibroid Tumor]
    [Enlarge Prostate]
    [Weak erection]

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you're thinking! Please tell me -- you don't need to sign up, just go!